Welgemeend Wedding Guide – A checklist for successful speeches
Wedding Speech Basics: Everyone can talk, but please as short as possible, ie maximum of 5 minutes. Try to do a free speech without reading from notes.
Write down keywords on file cards to help you. Practice your speech beforehand.
The speeches are usually made between starter and main course, . In most cases the bride’s father begins. Then the father of the groom, the best man to follow and then others. Finally the bride and groom (usually the groom) will round-up with short words of thank you.
Quick checklist for a successful speaker
- Speak about what and whom?
- What is really important, what is unimportant?
- Outline the speech introduction, body and conclusion
- Make a free speech if possible
- Form short sentences.
- Create a keyword list
- Remove buzzwords and phrases
- Agree on speech duration with couple
- Consider facial expressions and gestures
- Speaking loud enough